“This recipe is a true crowd-pleaser and one of my more easy-to-make Biscookies,” says Biscotti Queen founder and pastry chef Nancy Burkes of this biscookie recipe. As its name suggests, a biscookie is a cross between a biscotti and a cookie with a texture similar to a soft biscotti.
“Everyone loves smashed Oreos, cream filling, chocolate ganache and white chocolate chips. Our Next Level Cookies & Cream Biscookie is a classic flavour with Biscotti Queen’s twist,” says Burkes.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups Oreo cookies, cut up or broken by hand into chunks
- 1/2 cup white chocolate ganache (recipe follows)
- 1 cup mini white chocolate chips
White Chocolate Ganache Ingredients
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 4 ounces of 35% whipping cream
White Chocolate Ganache
- Place white chocolate chips into a heatproof bowl.
- In a separate bowl, heat 35% cream in a microwave until hot (bubbles around the sides) and pour over the chocolate chips.
- Allow to sit for a minute, and then whisk to blend together.
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- In a mixing bowl, using the paddle mixer, combine the eggs, vanilla and sugar. Mix for 2-3 minutes on medium speed. Reduce the speed to low and slowly add in oil. Continue mixing and add the melted butter.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. On a low speed, slowly add the dry mixture into the wet batter and blend together for under a minute.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the Oreos, white chocolate ganache and mini chocolate chips. Mix and remove from batter bowl.
- Roll dough out and form into a log (3-4 inch wide and 12-14 inches long; 2 logs can be made as well).
- Place the log onto a parchment-lined baking tray. Chill in fridge for 30 minutes (option to freeze for 20 minutes). Bake at 325 F for 20 minutes. Rotate tray and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Once cool, using a serrated knife, slice the log in 1/2-inch slices.
- Return to the oven and bake for 3 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool before you flipping and baking for another 3 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Once cool, keep your Biscookies in a dry, airtight spot.