As many of us find ourselves cooking at home instead of dining out, we’re sharing recipes from some of Toronto’s top chefs and restaurants.
“The Happy Bowl is a perfect start to the day or great as a snack anytime. It’s loaded with superfoods like acai berries and is full of antioxidants and vitamin C,” says chef Ricardo Dominguez of Calii Love. “It always puts a smile on my face.”
Calii Love’s Happy Smoothie Bowl
Makes 1 serving
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 cup frozen acai
- 1 cup frozen strawberry
- 1 piece of banana
- 2 tbsp granola (sub recipe)
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes
- 1 piece sliced strawberries
- ½ piece sliced kiwi
- ⅓ piece sliced banana
View this post on Instagram
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tsp ginger powder
- 1 ½ tsp Kosher salt
- ¼ cup hemp hearts
- ¾ cup agave nectar (can use maple syrup instead)
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
1. Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
2. Place parchment paper on baking sheet.
3. Evenly spread the mixture onto the parchment paper in a thin layer.
4. Baked at 325°F for 15 min.
5. Removed granola from the oven and mix then place it back into the oven for 15 more minutes at 285°F.
6. Remove from oven and let cool.
1. Blend all smoothie ingredients until smooth.
2. Pour smoothie mixture into bowl.
3. Top with granola, coconut flakes and fresh fruit. Enjoy!