“The Dilled Trout Quiche featuring the responsibly sourced Ontario Trout with Dill is a personal favourite of mine as it packs a punch in herbaceous flavour,” says chef Charlotte Langley. “What’s more, it’s so versatile that it can be enjoyed with a glass of cava at breakfast or brunch, and is still delicious and satiating when paired with salads and sides for dinner or supper. It’s a dish that can be enjoyed around the clock!”
- 1 basic pie crust recipe, or store-bought
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup 10% cream
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 2 tbsp fresh dill
- 2 cups mixed microgreens
- 2 tins of high-quality trout (such as Scout Canning’s Ontario Trout with Dill)
- 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Roll out pie crust and lay it into a medium deep pie plate.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk eggs and 10% cream together, season with salt.
- Pour mixture into unbaked pie crust and place in oven for 20 minutes or until the eggs have just started to set.
- Once set, pull out of oven and top with ricotta, fresh dill and Scout’s Ontario Trout with Dill (save the oil).
- Return to oven for 10 minutes to finish cooking.
- Toss the microgreens in the dilled trout oil and add zest and juice of 1 lemon, garnish quiche and serve.