1) "Can I still wear some of my summer sun dresses into the fall? How can I update them for the cooler season?"
Keep them for summer and vacations and pack them away after labour day.
2) "I have a lot of stuff to tote around — work papers, toys my kids forgot in the car, cell phone, makeup, etc. But when I haul it all around in a big shoulder bag, I look frumpy. What sort of bag would have the space I need, but look stylish at the same time?"
Invest in a tote bag for toys and work papers and use a hand bag for make-up, keys, and cell phone, this can be a fashion or investment bag. A great nylon or canvas tote is perfect, I’d go with a neutral color that goes with everything. Lonchamp has a great classic tote.
3) What fashion staples should I have in my closet?
- LBD (little black dress) on hand for cocktails or an unexpected date. You can never be overdressed or underdressed in a little black dress. Make sure it’s a great fit!
- White Shirt — The classic PINK TARTAN Newport Shirt is always in the collection, a perfect fit, and it withstands the harsh reality of laundry.
- Black pant of the season — this fall either the cropped pleat or the cigarette silhouette.
- The seasons fashion shoe – pick one that’s comfortable for you. I love a great oxford with a heel or a classic pump that is always polished — never wear scuffed shoes!
Kimberley Newport-Mimran is the Co-Founder, President and Head Designer of Pink Tartan. Her blog is dedicated to answering your style questions. Email them to us here. To check out Kim’s blog at Pink Tartan click here.