Today, the good folks at Dairy Queen achieved something that most only dream of: they constructed a world record-breaking ice cream cake — weighing over 10 tonnes — at Yonge-Dundas Square. The monstrous confection was transported on forklifts and then was consumed en masse by the throngs of bystanders. But this record is only one of a few gems that Torontonians have broken with skill, tenacity, and sheer dedication to the important things in life. Here’s a look at five of them.
1. World’s largest wine flute
2. World’s longest dodgeball game
3. Most oysters shucked in under one minute
4. World’s largest gathering of people dressed as garden gnomes
5. Fastest duct taping of a person to a wall